Childhood Bezoars: A Case SeriesCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Rashmi Hooda,
7/11 J, PGIMS Campus, Rohtak, Haryana, India.
Bezoars are the rarest causes of upper abdominal masses and upper gastric outlet obstruction in children and are most commonly seen in females of adolescent age. They can present with the common symptoms of abdominal mass or abdominal pain but may lead to serious complications as well. They must be diagnosed and managed early despite their rarity so as to prevent complications like obstruction, perforation and bleeding. This article is reporting our 25 years experience with abdominal bezoars with variable presentation in our tertiary care centre.
Phytobezoar, Rapunzel syndrome, Trichobezoar
Kamal Nain Rattan, Rashmi Hooda, Shalu Ogha, Ahmad Khursheed, Aashima. CHILDHOOD BEZOARS: A CASE SERIES. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2018 July [cited: 2018 Jul 21 ]; 12:PR01-PR03. Available from
Date of Submission: Sep 24, 2017
Date of Peer Review: Nov 30, 2017
Date of Acceptance: Apr 13, 2018
Date of Publishing: Jul 01, 2018
FINANCIAL OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: NONE.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Embase & EMbiology
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)