Dental Anxiety in Children: A Review of the Contributing FactorsCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Mohammed S Aldossary,
P.O. Box-13743, Riyadh-11414, Saudi Arabia.
Dental anxiety is a challenge faced by the dental professionals while treating young children. Many factors have been reported as contributing factors that influence and affect the level of dental anxiety in children. Being familiar with these factors would facilitate behaviour management in anxious children. This article reviews the contributing factors that have been investigated in the literature.
Child behaviour, Dental fear, Dental phobia
Amerah A Alasmari, Ghadah S Aldossari, Mohammed S Aldossary. DENTAL ANXIETY IN CHILDREN: A REVIEW OF THE CONTRIBUTING FACTORS. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2018 April [cited: 2018 Sep 24 ]; 12:SG01-SG03. Available from
Date of Submission: Dec 06, 2017
Date of Peer Review: Dec 30, 2017
Date of Acceptance: Mar 14, 2018
Date of Publishing: Apr 01, 2018
FINANCIAL OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Embase & EMbiology
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)