A Rare Translocation in a Paediatric Myelodysplastic SyndromeCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Purnima S Rao,
204, Aadheeshwari Apartments, Mahamaya Temple Road, Field Street, Mangalore-575001, Karnataka, India.
Myelodysplastic Syndromes (MDS) belong to acquired clonal haematologic disorders associated with defective maturation in erythroid, myeloid and megakaryocytic lineages. It rarely affects children and young adults. The common cytogenetic abnormalities in children are monosomy 7, trisomies 8 and 21. Here, authors report a case of MDS in a 15-year-old patient with a rare finding of chromosomal translocation t (6;9) (p23;q34).
Haematology, Haematologic disorders, Multilineage dysplasia
Rachana Kiran Koppalkar, Purnima S Rao, I Sandhya, Muktha R Pai. A RARE TRANSLOCATION IN A PAEDIATRIC MYELODYSPLASTIC SYNDROME. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2018 December [cited: 2018 Dec 18 ]; 12:ED07-ED09. Available from
Date of Submission: Jun 12, 2018
Date of Peer Review: Aug 07, 2018
Date of Acceptance: Sep 22, 2018
Date of Publishing: Dec 01, 2018
Financial OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Embase & EMbiology
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)