Laparoscopic Simple Nephrectomy in a Severe Kyphoscoliotic PatientCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Dilip Kumar Pal,
Institute of Post Graduate Medical Education and Research, 244, AJC Bose Road, Kolkata-700020, West Bengal, India.
Laparoscopic surgery in patients with spinal deformity are always challenging to surgeons due to unpredictable position of viscera inside abdomen and lack of working space within the abdomen. We are reporting a case report of laparoscopic simple nephrectomy in a patient with severe kyphoscoliosis who presented with symptoms of flank pain and imaging showed non-functioning kidney.
Hydronephrotic, Hyperextension, Transperitoneal
Sandeep Gupta1, Alankar Jaiswal2, Dilip Kumar Pal3. LAPAROSCOPIC SIMPLE NEPHRECTOMY IN A SEVERE KYPHOSCOLIOTIC PATIENT. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2018 October [cited: 2019 Jan 23 ]; 12:PD01-PD02. Available from
Date of Submission: May 14, 2018
Date of Peer Review: Jul 07, 2018
Date of Acceptance: Jul 18, 2018
Date of Publishing: Oct 01, 2018
Financial OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Embase & EMbiology
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)