Angiolipoma-At a Rare SiteCorrespondence Address :
Dr. A Hari Priya,
SRM Dental College, Ramapuram, Chennai-600089, Tamil Nadu, India.
Angiolipoma (AL), a subtype of lipoma, is a rare benign mesenchymal tumour. It is common in the extremities with rare occurrence in the oral cavity. In this case report, we present a case of non-infiltrating type of angiolipoma present in the buccal mucosa which was surgically excised under local anaesthesia and the specimen was histopathologically examined. The histopathological examination revealed mature adipocytes arranged in sheets separated by thin fibrous connective tissue with interspersed vessels.
Angiolipoma, Benign mesenchymal tumour, Histopathological examination
A Hari Priya, A Kannan, MS Anandi, CL Krithika, PH Raghuram. ANGIOLIPOMA-AT A RARE SITE. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2019 January [cited: 2019 Jan 22 ]; 13:ZD01-ZD04. Available from
Date of Submission: May 23, 2018
Date of Peer Review: Jul 11, 2018
Date of Acceptance: Oct 12, 2018
Date of Publishing: Jan 01, 2019
FINANCIAL OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Embase & EMbiology
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)