Double Barrel Oesophagus- A Case ReportCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Gulam Mohiuddin Marfani,
T-10, Raghobaji Hostel, 3rd floor, inside Acharya Vinobha Bhave Rural Hospital,
Sawangi (Meghe), Wardha 442001, Maharashtra, India.
Double barrel Oesophagus is a rare entity that involves a mucosal injury, thereby creating of a true and false lumen within the oesophagus. Diagnostically it is important to differentiate complete and partial dissection of oesophagus because the management of partial dissection is conservative and full dissection is a surgical emergency needing operative intervention.
Health problems, Occupational health, Unorganised sector
Gulam Mohiuddin Marfani, Shivali Vaibhav Kashikar, Shraddha Singhania. DOUBLE BARREL OESOPHAGUS-
A CASE REPORT. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2018 August [cited: 2018 Sep 23 ]; 12:TD01-TD02. Available from
Date of Submission: Mar 22, 2018
Date of Peer Review: May 10, 2018
Date of Acceptance: Jun 07, 2018
Date of Publishing: Aug 01, 2018
FINANCIAL OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Embase & EMbiology
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)