Traumatic Abdominal Wall Hernias-An Uncommon Case SeriesCorrespondence Address :
Dr. G Vijayalakshmi,
47, Annaji Nagar, KK Nagar West, Chennai-600078, Tamil Nadu, India.
A case series of abdominal wall hernia following blunt injury is essential for the understanding of its varied clinical presentation. The purpose of this paper is to emphasise on the fact that abdominal wall hernia is seemingly benign yet completely treatable condition and can be easily missed without proper clinical examination. A timely intervention with proper intraoperative assessment and decision making is needed. Immediate primary tissue repair is the preferred mode of management. Laparoscopic intervention in these scenarios is possible with better knowledge of the mechanism of injury and probable outcomes.
Blunt injury, Mesh repair, Traumatic hernias
G Vijayalakshmi, L Arun Kumar. TRAUMATIC ABDOMINAL WALL HERNIAS-AN UNCOMMON CASE SERIES. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2018 September [cited: 2018 Sep 24 ]; 12:PR04-PR05. Available from
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2016: 132.37
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Embase & EMbiology
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)