A Case of Osseous Choristoma of Submental Region- Cone Beam Computed Tomographic FindingsCorrespondence Address :
C/o Dr. Abhishek Kumar, Indrapuri Road No-4, Ratu Road, Po-hehal, Ranchi, Jharkhand, India.
Soft tissue radiopacities of head and neck region are intriguing to the oral and maxillofacial radiologist. Osseous choristoma is seldom included in the list of probable differential diagnosis, since its occurrence in the region is a rare phenomenon. Here a case report of osseous choristoma in the submental region of a young male patient has been documanted. This case report highlights the nuances in the radiological interpretation of such radiopaque lesions.
Choristoma, Radiopacity, Submental
Gunjan Sinha, Bhuvana Vijay, Priyanka Katyal. A CASE OF OSSEOUS CHORISTOMA OF SUBMENTAL REGION- CONE BEAM COMPUTED TOMOGRAPHIC FINDINGS. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2019 May [cited: 2019 May 22 ]; 13:ZD07-ZD09. Available from
Date of Submission: Feb 07, 2019
Date of Peer Review: Mar 09, 2019
Date of Acceptance: Apr 06, 2019
Date of Publishing: May 01, 2019
FINANCIAL OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 134.54
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)