An Unusual Presentation of Ochronosis with Palmar PigmentationCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Mohan Rao Nandam,
Professor, Department of Pathology, Narayana Medical College, Nellore, Andhra Pradesh, India.
Ochronosis is the deposition of homogentisic acid in connective tissues resulting in bluish black discolouration. Hereby a case of ochronosis over the palmar surface of hand in 41-year-old male patient has been reported. Histopathological examination revealed yellowish brown colouration of collagen bundles in reticular dermis over palm of hand.
Alkaptonuria, Homogentisic acid, Methylene blue stain
Mohan Rao Nandam, Shanthi Vissa, Syam Sundara Rao Byna, Bhavana Grandhi, Sujitha Raguraman. AN UNUSUAL PRESENTATION OF OCHRONOSIS WITH PALMAR PIGMENTATION. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2019 September [cited: 2019 Sep 16 ]; 13:ED06-ED07. Available from
Date of Submission: Jun 15, 2019
Date of Peer Review: Jul 11, 2019
Date of Acceptance: Jul 31, 2019
Date of Publishing: Sep 01, 2019
FINANCIAL OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 134.54
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)