Basilar Artery Tip Aneurysm: A ReviewCorrespondence Address :
Dr. Fahd Al Qahtani,
Dean of Faculty of Dentistry, Al Baha, Saudi Arabia.
Patients with arterial aneurysms in the basilar tip location represent a therapeutic challenge. Various studies have shown the cause of Basilar Tip Aneurysm (BTA) as a multifactorial process which involves factors like genetic, anatomic, and environmental risk factors. The present review aims to discuss the risk factors, epidemiology, familial aneurysm, prevalence of basilar tip aneurysm and author’s opinion on the importance of the role of radiology in the diagnosis and treatment of BTA.
Angiogram, Familial aneurysm, Intracranial aneurysm, Subarachnoid haemorrhage
Fahd Al Qahtani. BASILAR ARTERY TIP ANEURYSM: A REVIEW. Journal of Clinical and Diagnostic Research [serial online] 2019 April [cited: 2019 Apr 23 ]; 13:TE01-TE03. Available from
Date of Submission: Feb 02, 2019
Date of Peer Review: Feb 14, 2019
Date of Acceptance: Feb 28, 2019
Date of Publishing: Apr 01, 2019
FINANCIAL OR OTHER COMPETING INTERESTS: None.
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 134.54
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)