Exploratory Research on the Effectiveness of Lannea coromandelica in Streptozotocin Induced Diabetic Model: A Protocol for Systematic ReviewCorrespondence Address :
Ram Nagar, Porur, Chennai, Tamil Nadu, India.
Introduction: Diabetes mellitus is a metabolic disorder affecting human population since many centuries ago. To contend this disorder, effective alternative use of non-pharmacological approaches, particularly natural herbal plants, has become a subject of interest since the last decade.
Aim: To evaluate the safety and effectiveness of Lannea coromandelica in the management of diabetes mellitus.
Materials and Methods: A systematic review on randomised controlled trials will be carried out. Preferred Reporting Items for Systematic Reviews and Meta-Analysis (PRISMA) guidelines will be followed. The search strategies will be conducted in PubMed/ MEDLINE, J-Gate, EMBASE, COCHRANE database and Google Scholar. The search period will be included from 1968 to December 2020. The screening process will be initiated by two authors for title and abstract followed by four authors for full-text articles. The extraction will be performed by using the following characteristicsStudy design, Animal model, Intervention of interest.
Conclusion: This current review will provide evidence based on the available literature either to accept or reject the hypothesis that efficacy of Lannea coromandelica herbal plant may be beneficial for controlling glucose levels in diabetic model.
Diabetes, Herbal plant, Management
Date of Submission: Oct 16, 2020
Date of Peer Review: Nov 05, 2020
Date of Acceptance: Dec 21, 2020
Date of Publishing: Feb 01, 2021
• Financial or Other Competing Interests: None
• Was Ethics Committee Approval obtained for this study? NA
• Was informed consent obtained from the subjects involved in the study? NA
• For any images presented appropriate consent has been obtained from the subjects. NA
PLAGIARISM CHECKING METHODS:
• Plagiarism X-checker: Oct 17, 2020
• Manual Googling: Dec 12, 2020
• iThenticate Software: Jan 07, 2021 (7%)
Etymology: Author Origin
- Emerging Sources Citation Index (Web of Science, thomsonreuters)
- Index Copernicus ICV 2017: 134.54
- Academic Search Complete Database
- Directory of Open Access Journals (DOAJ)
- Google Scholar
- HINARI Access to Research in Health Programme
- Indian Science Abstracts (ISA)
- Journal seek Database
- Popline (reproductive health literature)